Volunteers who wish to provide direct service to hospice patients may:
- Provide companionship and emotional support
- Offer respite care, allowing a caregiver to take care of personal errands or simply relax
- Help with patient correspondence
- Run errands
- Share in a game or card playing
- Assist in preserving life stories
- Play music and sing
- Visit with a therapy animal
- Visit with individuals enrolled in the Pathways Program (A service offered to the community members in time of need)
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help sort, price and display the donated articles in our thrift store. The generous donations received through the thrift store assist in funding the needs of community hospice patients.
- Arrange flowers each Tuesday for hospice and Pathways patients. The patients truly look forward to their weekly flower visits.
- Help in the office with computer and office work, answering phones and special projects.
- Help with events and education through the community outreach program.
- Help with the children's bereavement program, Bridging the Gap.
- Volunteer for the No One Dies Alone Program.
Attn: Jennifer Latiolais
Kerrville, TX 78028